13th Ave. E. and Ninth St. E. Intersection Improvements - District No. 2243
About this Project
The project consists of reconstructing and widening the 13th Avenue East and Ninth Street East intersection to accommodate dual left turn lanes in all directions. The project will also involve the addition of a northbound through lane from 13th Avenue East to Seventh Avenue East, and upgrades to outdated/undersized utilities within project limits to minimize future disruptions.
Estimated Construction Cost
- $5.5 million
Estimated Special Assessments
- $1,000-$1,500 for residential properties with less than 2 acres
- $4,500-$6,500 per acre for commercial properties
- Special Assessment District Map
- Begin Date: August 2017
- Estimated End Date: August 2018
- Percent Complete: 55%
Road Closures: Phase 1Phase 1 road closures map
USE ALTERNATIVE ROUTES WHEN POSSIBLE.
EXPECT DELAYS AND TRAFFIC CONGESTION DURING PAVING.
- West Fargo High School parking lot west access (south of Seventh Avenue E.) closed May 10-June 10
- 10th Avenue E. access to Ninth Street E. closed May 13-June 13
- Road reduced to one lane of traffic in both directions on Ninth Street E. from 14th Avenue E. to Seventh Avenue E.
- Eastbound and westbound interior left-turn lanes closed
- No westbound left turn onto 7th Avenue E.
- Intermittent east access closures along Ninth Street E.
- Ninth Street E. sidewalks closed within project limits
- Temporary traffic signals installed
- To access businesses on the north side of 13th Avenue, motorists are encouraged to use 17th Street E. to access the business district's frontage road a block north of 13th Avenue.
- To access businesses on the south side of 13th Avenue, motorists are encouraged to use 17th Street E. to access 14th Avenue a block south of 13th Avenue
- Main lane concrete paving on the south side of 13th Avenue
- 13th Avenue E. utilities and road
- All signal bases poured
- Ninth Street E. northbound removals from 14th Avenue E. to 10th Avenue E.
- Subgrade preparation, fabric and gravel 14th Avenue E. to 10th Avenue E.
- Inlets and hydrants completed 14th Avenue E. to 7th Avenue E.
- Ninth Street E. southbound curb and gutter south of 13th Avenue E.
- Ninth Street E northbound removals from 10th Avenue E. to 7th Avenue E.
- Subgrade preparation, fabric and gravel 10th Avenue E. to 7th Avenue E.
- Paving preparation from Meyer Boulevard to 7th Avenue E.
- Ninth Street E northbound paving, returns, curbs, sidewalks, grading
- Ninth Street E southbound paving, returns, curbs, sidewalks, grading when northbound lanes are complete