Volunteers play an important role at the West Fargo Public Library. As they share their time and talent, volunteers make a real contribution to the quality of the services we are able to offer the community. The library welcomes volunteers for both long-term and short term projects. Volunteers may be assigned to work on their own or with staff members.
General Library Assistance
You are needed to help with general library work, as well as in the West Fargo Historical Center! General volunteer activities include:
- Caring for plants
- Cleaning videos or book covers
- Dusting and cleaning
- Helping with preschool story time
- Making sure that books are in the correct order on the shelves (shelf reading)
- Preparing craft materials for programs
- Processing new materials
West Fargo Historical Center
The purpose of the library’s Historical Center is to collect and preserve photographs, clippings, newspapers, and other materials of the City of West Fargo, West Fargo School District, Bonanzaville, and the neighboring communities, as well as their residents. You can help by:
- Clipping articles from newspapers, magazines
- Collecting an oral history of residents
- Conducting other special projects
- Entering data
- Filing articles
- Indexing items
- Presenting programs on West Fargo history
- Typing labels, etc.
- Assist with programs or displays
- Library card sign-up month (September)
- Summer Reading Program
If you need more information or would like to volunteer, please email Sara Engler, the Access Services Librarian, or call her at 701-433-5460.