Health Department Information
The Board of Health shall be the Board of City Commissioners. The Board of Health shall have and exercise all powers under the law. The City Health Officer shall be the executive officer of such board. The Board of City Commissioners may appoint one or more assistant City Health Officers to aid the City Health Officer in the performance of his duty. Ordinance 15-0101
Please refer to the City of West Fargo Ordinances regarding the Health Department. Chapter 15
Information regarding the H1N1 virus (swine flu). The North Dakota Department of Health offers these recommendations for avoiding infection:
• As always, if you are sick you should say home from work or school to avoid spreading the infection to others.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
• Avoid close contact with people who are coughing or otherwise appear ill.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
• Wash hands frequently.
• People experiencing cough, fever and fatigue, possibly along with diarrhea and vomiting should contact their doctor. If you have recently traveled to an area with confirmed cases, make sure your doctor knows your travel history.
• The CDC is recommending that any non-essential travel to Mexico be cancelled.
For more information from the Center for Disease Control, please click here. For information from the State of North Dakota, please click here.