A Concept in Action
TRIAD is a three-way partnership among the area chiefs of police, the sheriff and seniors in a community. They agree to work together to reduce the criminal victimization of the elderly and enhance the delivery of law enforcement services to seniors.
A major purpose of a TRIAD is to develop, expand and implement effective crime prevention and education programs for older community members.
TRIAD works to improve the quality of life for seniors. By providing an opportunity for the exchange of information between law enforcement and older persons, TRIAD can also focus on reducing unwarranted fear of crime.
TRIAD Goals “Aware, Avoid, Alert”
We want to make seniors AWARE of the kinds of scams and con artists.
By educating them, we want to help seniors AVOID becoming victims.
We want to encourage seniors to report any instances of scams or other fraud to ALERT their local law enforcement officials.
Senior Safety Academies
TRIAD sponsors many senior safety academies. Senior safety academies offer speakers on sessions such as:
- Frauds and scams
- Financial exploitation
- Avoiding identity theft
- How to file a complaint or alert law enforcement
- Personal safety
If you or your group is interested in having a Senior Safety Academy at your workplace, please contact TRIAD.
Files of Life
A File of Life is a magnetic card holder that is attached to your refrigerator. Emergency responders, such as fire fighters, police officers, and ambulance personnel know to look for this holder. It contains information such as:
- Your name and address
- Your doctor and phone number
- Emergency contacts
- Medical conditions
- Medications and allergies
Benefits to police officers
- Faster help in emergencies.
- Maximum use of officers' time.
Benefits to emergency rescue teams
- Instantly know medical history of patient.
- Corrective treatment can begin immediately.
Benefits to hospital emergency staff
- On arrival, data is immediately available to medical staff.
- No wasted time getting information from a confused patient.
Benefits to each individual
- Peace of mind knowing they will have prompt and quality care.
- Easy access to potentially life-saving information.
- Assurance that proper persons will be notified quickly.
- Renewed sense of community spirit.
If you are interested in:
- A Senior Safety Academy,
- Being a TRIAD member,
- Additional information, or
- Files of Life
Cass County Sheriff’s Office
211 9th Street South
Fargo, ND 58103