December 11, 2017


City standards for service can be viewed under City Service Standards. There are also Additional Water and Sewer Service Standards available. You may contact the City Engineer or Public Works to get more information. To officially request services you can use the standard Request for Improvements form as a guideline.

This letter can be sent to the City Engineer, Public Works Department or City Administrator.

The City will not perform legal surveys. Front pins are usually 2' behind the sidewalk but can vary. You can try to locate the property pins (rebar located below the ground) with a metal detector. A legal boundary survey can be performed by a Registered Land Surveyor in the State of North Dakota to obtain locations.

Legally, the City of West Fargo has no jurisdiction in rear yard drainage issues. Only certain catch basins within City easements can be addressed. If there is a problem at a catch basin call the Public Works Department at (701) 433-5400. For other drainage issues, such as excess fill or other blockages, the first course of action is to contact your neighbors.

The Engineering Department can help mediate but cannot make enforceable decisions. The Engineering Department can only give recommendations to help rectify or improve the situation and will provide survey services on a limited basis (usually along the rear property line) to help establish those recommendations. Drainage issues may be addressed to

The City of West Fargo employs Moore Engineering, Inc. to plan and provide engineering services for the city. Dustin Scott, the City Engineer, is located at the City of West Fargo office, 800 4th Avenue East, and Matt Welle, the Assistant City Engineer, is located at Moore Engineering’s headquarters, 925 10th Avenue East. See more on Moore Engineering here ( .

Their hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. They can be contacted at (701) 282-4692 or faxed at (701) 282-4530.

If you have any questions or concerns with a current City construction project please contact the Engineering Department at Concerns with specific new building issues should be addressed to the Building Inspections Department.

Older infrastructure issues: street lights being out, potholes, damaged street signs etc. should be addressed to the Public Works Department at (701) 433-5400.

Yes, we have several retail sites, office sites and industrial sites available to fit any commercial need. Please check out the website at for listing of available properties.

YES! Please do not dig if you plan on digging a foot or more down on your property. North Dakota One Call ( was put in place to save lives by locating underground utilities. The service is free to homeowners and it takes about five minutes to answer the questions. Some of the things you should be able to answer before calling: address where digging is going to take place, the nearest intersection street, depth that you will be digging, date that the excavation will take place and good driving directions to your location.

The number is 1-800-795-0555 or simply 811. You can also submit requests online at

You may have your water and garbage bill emailed directly to you instead of having a paper copy mailed to your home.

Please email and provide your name and service address to complete the setup process and we will take care of the rest.

1 2Next