Fireworks are only allowed within the city limits of West Fargo during the two days listed below:
- July 4 between 8 a.m. CST and ending July 4 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Dec. 31 at 8 p.m. CST and ending Jan. 1 at 1 a.m. CST.
The individual use, explosion, or possession of fireworks at any other time during the year is prohibited.
- Any individual that is at least 12 years of age may use, explode or possess any retail firework.
- No person shall ignite, discharge or use fireworks on publicly owned or controlled property including but not limited to, park property, city or county property, school property or federally owned property without prior written authorization from the governing board or authorized representative of the public entity, which owns or controls the property.
- The use of sky lanterns are illegal and all other fireworks shall be limited to a 1.4G firework rating.
Regulations can be found on the City of West Fargo webpage under city ordinance.