Pickup in the Library
The West Fargo Public Library no longer offers no-contact curbside material pickup. Patrons can, however, pick up held items including books, audiobooks, DVDs, music CDs and Summer Reading Program activity materials in the library.
1. Patrons can place holds via My Library Account, over the phone at 701-551-8940 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Patrons are able to choose specific materials to be held or discuss their needs with a librarian for assistance. The library offers Book Bundles for children. While browsing the library is impossible at this time, librarians are available to "browse" for patrons. For example, if a child has an interest in books with dogs in them, a librarian could choose a number of books featuring dogs for that child. To reserve a Book Bundle about a specific topic, use our Book Bundle Request Form.
2. After submitting a hold request, patrons will be notified when their holds are ready to be picked up.
3. Patrons can then pick up their items from the designated hold shelf in the library.
4. Patrons will need to check out the materials using either the self-checkout or by visiting the service desk.
Delivery of Children’s Materials via the Little Red Reading Bus
1. Patrons can place holds for Book Bundles via the Book Bundle Request Form.
2. After submitting a hold request, patrons will receive notification that their materials are ready to be delivered. Holds will be available on the Little Red Reading Bus the Wednesday following receipt of the notification. You may place your order as late as noon on the Wednesday you are hoping to have your books delivered. Orders received after noon on Wednesday will be delivered the following week. Your books will be delivered to your home between 5 and 8 p.m. that Wednesday.
3. This modified pickup process will still include no physical contact between staff and patrons. Patrons are asked to wait to grab their items after the staff person has returned inside the bus.