About the Library FAQs
- Where is the West Fargo Public Library?
The West Fargo Public Library is located at 215 Third St. E., West Fargo in the Lodoen Community Center.
- When is the West Fargo Public Library open?
The library is open the following hours:
Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday 1 - 5 p.m. (Closed all Sundays Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- Is the West Fargo Public Library a part of the Fargo Public Library?
No. The West Fargo Public Library is not a part of the Fargo Public Library. The West Fargo Public Library is its own entity that primarily serves residents of the City of West Fargo and people who live within the West Fargo Public School District. Because all libraries in our metro area operate separately from one another, items checked out from any library should be returned to that library.
- Where can I return books when the West Fargo Library is closed?
The library has three outside book drops where you can return books.
- One is located outside the entrance to the library at 215 Third St. E., West Fargo.
- The second is located inside Cash Wise at 755 33rd Ave. E., West Fargo.
- The third is located at Eagle Run Plaza at the corner of 32nd Ave. S. and Sheyenne Street.
Please note: These drop boxes are for returning West Fargo Public Library materials only. Please do not place garbage, personal belongings or items from other libraries (Fargo, Moorhead, school libraries, etc.) in West Fargo Public Library drop boxes. Please contact the library you checked your items out from for their drop box locations.
- Who can get a West Fargo Public Library card?
West Fargo Public Library cards are issued to the following people free of charge:
- residents of West Fargo
- residents of the West Fargo school district (including Horace, Harwood and parts of Fargo)
- West Fargo property owners
- employees of the West Fargo school district
- employees of the City of West Fargo
- Residents of Fargo and Moorhead may obtain a card at no charge IF they present a library card from their home library (either the Fargo Public Library or Lake Agassiz Regional Library.) It is important to note, however, that patrons who get a card at a neighboring city's library through this reciprocity program will not have access to that library's online resources. All library cardholders are encouraged to use the online resources of their home library. Reciprocity program cardholders are also unable to request interlibrary loans at the West Fargo Public Library and are encouraged to do so at their home library.
All other individuals not listed above can obtain a West Fargo Public Library card for an annual fee of $25.
Please note: West Fargo Public School students in grades 6 and above are able to use their Student ID as a West Fargo Public Library card if their parent/guardian opts in to the program. Learn more about this partnership with the West Fargo Public School district here.
- What amenities does the West Fargo Public Library have?
The West Fargo Public Library has a number of amenities for you to use when you visit us, including: public computers and printers, seating and study spaces, public meeting rooms available for reservation, public wifi, lockers, charging stations, a lactation pod, and more. Learn more...
- What should I do if I have feedback or a suggestion for the West Fargo Public Library?
The West Fargo Public Library is always looking for feedback from our users. Submit your feedback for the library using our Feedback Form. The library also has a suggestion box at the Service Desk. Members of the public are also invited to speak at West Fargo Public Library Board meetings by signing up for public comment beforehand.
- How do I get a West Fargo Library card?
Application forms (PDF) can be downloaded and printed or picked up from the Service Desk. All print applications must be signed and submitted in person at the Library Service Desk, along with identification and proof of address.
You can also register for a card online using our Online Library Card Application Form, however, you must wait for your physical card to arrive via mail before borrowing materials.
- Can I return Fargo Public Library books to the West Fargo Public Library?
No. You should ONLY use West Fargo Public Library book drop boxes to return items you have borrowed from the West Fargo Public Library or the Little Red Reading Bus of West Fargo.
More general information about the West Fargo Public Library can be found here: About the Library.
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Explore more FAQ pages using the menu on the left. Our staff are also happy to help! Give us a call during business hours or send us an email. Our contact information and open hours are on the bottom of the screen.