Start, Cancel or Temporarily Stop Service

Starting Services: Moving In

If you need to set up utilities and services, please complete the Utility Service Application and indicate "move in." This online application is used to set up the billing account and provides checkpoints to detect the warning signs of identity theft. This application also allows residents to sign up for emailed billing statements and to set up recurring, automatic bank account payments.

We recommend saving a copy of the completed Utility Service Application to your computer before submitting it.

Canceling Services: Moving Out

To stop services please complete the Utility Service Move Out Application  and select "move out." You will need to provide your forwarding address, closing date or moving date, and the new property owner's name if selling a property.

If you do not complete this step, the bill will remain in your name and be your responsibility to pay.

Temporarily Stopping Service

If you wish to temporarily stop your utility and services due to an extended time away from home, you must adhere to the following guidelines:
  1. Resident must be away from the residence for a minimum of three months
  2. Resident must submit a Temporary Suspension of Utility Service Form (online).
  3. Water must be shut off by Public Works at the curb stop in order to stop charges.
To schedule your curb shut off, contact the City of West Fargo Public Works department a minimum of two days before the shut-off. Curb shut off is not done during the months of December, January and February. There is a $100 charge for water shut off, but no charge to turn water back on at curb. A minimum of a one-week notice will be required for turning on water at the curb stop and resuming services. Someone must be present at address when water gets turned back on by Public Works.

No utility and service charges will be billed during months when water is shut off for the entire month. Utilities and services will be charged during months of shut off or turn on and will not be prorated; a minimum base charge of $100 will be applied.

Emailed Statements

If you would like your monthly bill emailed to you instead of mailed, please email us and provide your preferred email address along with your service address.