Board of Equalization
- 5:30 p.m. second Tuesday in April each year
- Commission Chambers, 800 Fourth Ave. E., Suite 1, West Fargo, ND 58078
About the Board of Equalization The board may increase or decrease the valuation and assessment of any real property listed on the assessment list to whatever is reasonable and just while ensuring equalization. The board may not increase the valuation of any property more than 15% without first giving notice of the board's intention to increase the valuation to the owner or agent at the last known address. The notice must state the date, time and location of the City Board of Equalization meeting. The board is responsible for adding any omitted property to the assessment roll at its true and full value. Any errors in valuation made by the assessor should be corrected at the local level; errors not corrected at the local level will be difficult to correct later.
The City Board of Equalization meets to equalize the property tax valuations in the city, and provides an opportunity for individual property owners to appear before the board regarding their property values. Those who feel that their property value is unfair may present their case to the board at this meeting.
If anyone wishes to appear before the City Board of Equalization, they should notify the West Fargo Assessor’s Office beforehand. The board will likely refer those who fail to make initial contact with the Assessor’s Office back to them before they take any action on the appeal.
The West Fargo Assessor’s Office may be contacted by phone at 701-433-5340 and is located at 800 Fourth Ave. E. Suite 1, West Fargo.
- 2021 Board of Equalization Annual Report
- 2020 Board of Equalization Annual Report
- 2019 Board of Equalization Annual Report
- 2018 Board of Equalization Annual Report
- 2017 Board of Equalization Annual Report
- 2016 Board of Equalization Annual Report
- 2015 Board of Equalization Annual Report
- 2014 Board of Equalization Annual Report
- More reports