This project was completed in three segments:
- Construction Year: 2018
- Estimated Construction Cost: $8.3 million
- Improvements: Five-lane section that includes two lanes in each direction and a center left turn lane.
- Construction Year: 2018 and 2019
- Estimated Construction Cost: $23.9 million
- Improvements: Six-lane section with a raised median and offset left turn-lanes and a new bridge over the Sheyenne Diversion.
- Construction Schedule: 2019
- Estimated Construction Cost: $15.3 million
- Improvements: Four-lane section with a raised median and offset left-turn lanes.
The North Dakota Department of Transportation (ND DOT) reconstructed the I-94/Sheyenne Street interchange in 2018 and 2019. For more information, visit the ND DOT website.
The City of West Fargo portion of the project is estimated to cost $47.5 million. The ND DOT has provided $11 million to help fund segments 2 and 3, and the local share will be funded through special assessments distributed through the improvement district.
The total special assessment for a property owner with less than 2 acres in the improvement district is estimated to be $2,500-3,500. This balance can be paid in full, or over a 25-year term. If paid over a 25-year term, with interest the approximate annual payment is $300.
For more information about special assessments visit www.westfargond.gov/specialassessments.