Sheyenne Street Segment 2 - Beaton Dr. to 32nd Ave
About this Project
Reconstruction of Sheyenne Street from Beaton Drive to 32nd Avenue to increase roadway capacity from one lane in each direction to three lanes in each direction. Includes installation of traffic signals at major intersections. The project coincides with I-94 interchange reconfiguration project.
- Segment 2 project sheet (PDF)
- Map of No. 2250 Special Assessment District
- Engineer's Report and Opinion of Probable Cost (PDF)
Estimated Construction Cost
- $24 million (partially funded by ND DOT)
Estimated Special Assessments
- $2,000-$3,000 for residential properties with less than 2 acres
- Assessment for costs associated with segments 2 and 3
- Estimated Start Date: June 2018
- Estimated End Date: October 2019
- Project completion: 40%
- Current traffic pattern:
- Open to three lanes of traffic in each direction south of 26th Avenue W.
- Open to one lane of traffic in each direction north of 26th Avenue W. and utilize the existing Diversion Bridge.
- One lane of traffic in each direction will continue through the interchange until Beaton Drive.
- Current intersection closure:
- 24th Avenue W. and Sheyenne Street intersection is closed to access Sheyenne Street. Traffic shifted to the east side of the roadway between the Sheyenne Diversion channel bridge to 26th Avenue W. intersection.
- OVERNIGHT CLOSURE: An overnight road closure is scheduled for the Sheyenne Diversion Channel Bridge Wednesday, April 24. Crews will close Sheyenne Street at 8 p.m. to all traffic between 26th and 21st Avenues W. until 6 a.m. Thursday, April 25, to safely complete a bridge deck pour. The road closure is necessary because oversized equipment will be placed on Sheyenne Street to pour the new southbound diversion channel bridge deck. By the early morning rush hour Thursday, both directions of Sheyenne Street will be open to drivers in this stretch and the current work zone traffic patterns will resume.
- Lift station sheeting
- Temporary pipe crossings
- Sanitary sewer force main at diversion channel
- Water main relocations
- Reduced Lanes: 32nd Avenue W. intersection traffic will shift to the north side with one lane in each direction. Crews will begin the remaining underground and installation of permanent traffic signals in the southeast and southwest quadrants. Local access will continue to use 32nd Avenue W. and Sheyenne Street intersection to travel south to side streets.