Permits and Forms
Day Care Licensing
- Family Day Care: A child care facility in which seven or less children receive care, maintenance, and supervision.
- Group Day Care: A child care facility in which eight to 12 children receive care, maintenance, and supervision.
- Center Day Care: A child care facility in which more than 12 children receive care, maintenance, and supervision.
- Group Home: A facility that provides care for persons who have mental disabilities or live in a supervised residential environment that provides personal care services.
- One five pound or larger ABC Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher shall be provided for day care.
- Outlet covers for all outlets shall be provided.
- Smoke alarms shall be operational and shall be located in all sleeping areas and hallways.
- A furnace inspection shall be completed of a gas furnace, not electric, and paperwork of the service completed provided to the fire department.
- Mobile homes shall be newer than 1976 and have the ANSI label provided.
- A home fire escape plan shall be provided and posted.
- Cass County Social Services shall be notified for their requirements.
- A $25 fee for inspection shall be paid at the time of inspection.
- If going to be a group home, the Planning and Zoning Department shall be contacted for their requirements.
- An egress window may be required for the basement, depending on the house.
- Basement shall be completely finished to have daycare.
A permit is required for the operation, display, storage, use, handling and manufacturing, or processing, or any of the following:
- Compressed gas
- LP Gas > 500 gal
- Opening burning
- Flammable and combustible liquids
- Temporary membrane structure or tents
Flammable and Combustible Tank Dispensing Permit Requirements
- The Planning and Zoning Department shall be notified before installation begins.
- Permit application shall be filled out with payment and the following included and submitted for review:
- A site plan of the property with distances (in feet) as to where proposed tank will be located from buildings, property lines and roadways.
- Total number of tanks along with maximum gallons and type of fuel being stored.
- Certification/ information on tank and dispensing units if applicable.
- No work shall be conducted until application is approved.
- West Fargo Fire Department shall be notified prior to tank testing and burial.
- Upon completion of project, West Fargo Fire Department shall be notified for inspection before storage/ dispensing is allowed.
- At time of inspection is approved the permit will be issued and operation may begin.