Posted on March 7, 2023 at 2:20 PM by Rachel Richter Lordemann
West Fargo City Commission Meeting, March 6, 2023
We are recapping the March 6 West Fargo City Commission Meeting. You can watch the full meeting for more details on each item and view the agenda and item materials in the Agenda Center.
These items were approved by the Commission at the March 6 meeting:
- The implementation of the F.R.O.G (Fats, Rags, Oils, Grease) policy to work with local bars and restaurants to prevent F.R.O.G materials from entering our waste water.
- A bulk purchase of digital water meters to be installed in new homes and commercial construction in 2023.
- The purchase of a replacement salt/sand truck for the snow removal fleet.
Planning and Zoning/Economic Development:
- Two new members appointed to the Economic Development Advisory Committee
- First reading of a proposed zooming ordinance change to reduce barriers for child care providers.
West Fargo Fire Department:
- Application for the FEMA Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) Grant to assist in the hiring of 15 new firefighters.
- Ride Up pay policy to Captain and Battalion Chief vacancies during to vacation, sick, or personal time off and to give firefighters hands-on training opportunities in command staff positions.
- Revised contract for window coverings at Fire Department HQ.
- 2023 IT Department Budget amended to update technology infrastructure to address security and operational concerns.
Topics presented by Commissioners:
- Commissioner Mark Simmons - The City of West Fargo will publish a Request for Proposals for a new multiuse development on 32nd Avenue near the West Fargo Sports Area that may include a hotel, commercial and residential space, and an additional hockey rink. This project is part of a Public Private Partnership (P3) with West Fargo Public Schools.
- Commissioner Mandy George - First reading of an update to the truck route ordinance with changes to make the ordinance easier for drivers to understand.
- Commissioner Mark Simmons – The Commission President will delegate two commissioners to sit on the hiring committee of all department heads. Previously administration delegated the hiring committee.
- Commissioner Mark Simmons – Staff are directed to prepare an amendment to the Employee Policy Manual to implement annual performance reviews.