What should I do if I see a wild animal in the City of West Fargo?

During the winter months, it is normal to see wildlife like coyotes, rabbits and deer, traveling along the Sheyenne River south of Interstate 94. If you spot one of these animals, remember to:

  • Avoid them.
  • Do not attempt to trap or harm them.
  • Call the North Dakota Game and Fish Department at 701-328-6613 if they appear to have health issues.
  • Call 9-1-1 if the animal is posing an immediate public safety threat.
  • Follow the City of West Fargo leash laws to protect your pets and don’t leave small dogs and cats unattended outside.
  • Do not feed prey animals, like wild turkeys, that are a food source for the predators.
  • Don’t leave dog food or other sources of food outside.
  • If it is safe to do so, yell and wave your arms at the animals so they remain wary of humans

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a restraining order?
2. Can we bring our group to the Police Department for a tour?
3. Why did it take so long for the police to arrive when I called them?
4. How do I get fingerprints for a job or license requirement?
5. What should I do if I see a wild animal in the City of West Fargo?
6. Do you have a tip line?
7. How do I evict a tenant from a property I own?
8. My pet is missing, who do I call?
9. Can the police department be called for an unruly child?
10. What should I do if I believe someone may be using/selling drugs?
11. Are there volunteer opportunities with the West Fargo Police Department?
12. How do I know if I'm being scammed?
13. Who should I contact to start a neighborhood watch program?
14. I am interested in a ride along with an officer, who do I call?
15. What can I do if someone is harassing me?